Friday, January 30, 2009

The finished product

Some people don't like my naked white wall, but eventually something will be hung there (even if it is against flat-user policy)... I mean the walls are crappy anyway. In a few places, the act of rolling paint on the wall brought the wall away. And yes, it is true that we didn't strip the walls and prime them... but that is because the plaster work underneath the beige paint was also substandard and the plaster falls away if you even look at the walls in the wrong way.
Still others mentioned that they couldn't understand why I would paint the walls of a place I didn't intend to stay long-term in. But I feel that there are several reasons to paint, not the least of which being simply for something to do... In addition, I feel that even if you are only planning to live somewhere a short time, you should enjoy. Painting in Erbil is like building an elaborate sand castle - a transient pleasure:
A view from the foyer - now Bordeaux 75! (kitchen to right, living room to left)
And below is the living/dining room - living room half is now Oase (sage) and the dining half is natural white... No beige!


Now I just need some friends to paint pictures to hang on the walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...this looks great...i need to ask questions now lol and i got the doc info for u...card and info, went there myself, it was pretty good im feeling better but the meds made me drowsy...


p...downstairs