Monday, October 15, 2007

Moon Viewing marks the start of Balcony Season

I know that I haven't posted and there is oh, so much to post about after the first two weeks of class! However, I am allowing a little time for reflection first (no initial impressions this year). Anyway, one of the most fabulous aspects of being back and living in our little "bubble" of relatively uninterrupted electricity, apartments with more square footage than most know what to do with (there is even one staff member who has closed up 5 of our 6 rooms to live entirely out of his kitchen and main balcony) are the balconies. While in summer it was far to hot and there were too many mosquitos to sit out on the balcony in any kind of comfort, now is the season for balconies!
This post and the last show the view from my bedroom balcony... it is unfortunate that I couldn't get a better photo of the moon before it rose so high because at the point where it breaks free from the horizon is where it looks its absolute best, mellow and larger than I have ever seen it anywhere it the world before!
The next photo I post of a balcony will have to be from my or someone else's balcony as we have all started purchasing plastic deck furniture and serving drinks on the balcony. Haven't thought of a theme for mine yet, but (as usual) feel free to post suggestions.

No comments: