Friday, March 27, 2009

Back in Beirut - March 25

On my last day in Beirut, I just ran around (camera-less) doing all those last minute things that were as yet undone; J and I went to the National Museum, I did a little shopping in Hamra and then joined D for dinner - last chance for sushi for a while (ah... salmon sashimi, grilled eel, salmon roe temaki, miso soup...)

The few photos below are from our first days in Beirut:
This first photo is taken at the beautiful American University of Beirut... Wow! Now this would be a lovely campus to work at. Below is J appreciating a Banyon tree on the campus.
The two photos below are taken at the corniche near to where our hotel was... On our second to last night, we rounded the corner to see the famous pigeon rock, but again... no photos... Sorry.

And last photo is of the inside of a church on the AUB campus where J and I went on our first night in Leabnon to see a cello/piano concert. I am waiting for the day when I can do this in Erbil.

No comments: