Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

The picture below is stolen from Defense Industry Daily and is clearly a picture of soldiers (not my friends and I)celebrating Canada Day in Afghanistan, NOT Kurdistan. Obviously, I am am going to have to start my own Canada-Kurdistan Friendship Association (CKFA) if I hope that future Canadians living in Kurdistan will be able to celebrate July 1st.
In other countries I lived, there were parties! In Yokohama, Japan the HMCS Vancouver docked in the port and threw a good will party on Canada Day! In Taiwan, the Canadian import business gathered to provide Canadian ice beer, Dasani water and other local Canadian goods and decorations (including flags and T-shirts)and we Canadians organized a barbecue/pool party ending with games, live music and fireworks. I did a little search to see what companies I could hit up next year to sponsor such a bash and only came up with this:
3206, 8 PARK ROAD
TORONTO,ON
M4W 3S5
CANADA
Phone: +1 416-356-7892
Fax: +1 416-944-1554
Email: info@canada-kurdistan-business.com

Do you think this Council really exists? Should I email and try to visit while in Canada?

2 comments:

abhi said...

Its not fair to believe in such things unless you get it confirmed from reliable sources

Zanmei said...

Dear Mr. Abhi,

I am sorry that my post on Canada Day offends your sensibilities. But I must clarify to all who might feel as Mr. Abhi does.

My blog is not meant to be an authoritative source of information, but rather as a space in which I can record my feelings about my relationship with the place I currently inhabit - a diary located in Kurdistan.