Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy Belated July 4th! from Erbil Expat

I was amazed on July 1st, to meet a newly arrived American professor wearing a Canada T-shirt. I thanked him for remembering Canada Day, but he told me it was purely coincidental that he was wearing that particular shirt. So I am sorry that I didn't do anything (accidentally or otherwise) to commemorate July 4th. I should have at least attended the party, but I am afraid that I am not a member of AKFA. I think that on my return to Kurdistan next year, I will see if I can't join. Apparently it is open to Americans or those living in Kurdistan (by invite only).... If you are like me (non-American expat living in Erbil), I entreat you to sign up with me... or contact me so that we can start an expat social club for all resident expats.

Anyway, I must stop blogging for the moment so that I can send my American colleagues a belated July 4th greeting.

1 comment:

Silka Membran Kapak said...

hello i am also living in erbil as expat. i want to meet other expats here.