Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eggs


Do you dare to risk it? The eggs available here are sold in front of the shops lining the street from kindly gentlemen such as the one pictured here. As you can see, he was friendly even though I still haven't progressed much on the learning Kurdish front.

Would you be hesitant to buy unrefrigerated eggs? New City has refrigeration, but no eggs... So G has refused to buy any (although he eats omlettes in restaurants which presumedly get their eggs from the same place). And I thought that refrigeration was something more likely to bother North Americans. I mean, in England, they sell these wire chicken-shaped baskets in which to store your eggs on the countertop. I personally decided to risk the eggs sold by this street vendor, although I won't be eating them as runny as I might be inclined to in Canada. I haven't been sick so far, although I haven't bothered to brush my teeth with bottled water. G on the other hand, is looking ill. We will get him to the hospital today and hopefully it is nothing serious. Updates on this to come.

No comments: