Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Istanbul - Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii)



This is the last photo I will post of Istanbul. I wasn't there long enough to say or post anymore (or awake enough to take any good photos). The one day I was there, I got up late and searched for the post office, a little room in the basement of a building with no obvious signposting, then as it was raining, I bought a cheap umbrella on the street and went with employer and wife to Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia by taxi. Because of Ramadan traffic, it took so long to get there, that we only really had less than half an hour before heading back to the hotel/airport. To make things worse, I left my umbrella in the taxi.

If you are interested, G took some GREAT photos of Istanbul which I can try to mail you if we ever get a faster internet connection.

No comments: