Sunday, December 17, 2006

Inshallah Airlines

Those of you waiting for news of S and T… I am sorry. It has been hard not only due to poor connections, but also because we have all been busy of late… and worse! My update will have to state that S and T have suffered extrodinarily prior to leaving on vacation. This suffering is not only from work stress (their own, mine and everyone else's) but also from the stress of extreme exasperation over travel bookings.

Where else but here are bookings changed near to the last moment... and without warning? Only on calling the airlines of their own accord were they informed of the changes. This happened not only once, but twice! And what of connecting flights? What about the cost of penalties for changing flight times every time 'Inshallah Airlines' decided to change the flight schedule? Hmmm... Lucky for S and T, God must have willed it so, because they were able to fly out on Tuesday! It is so quiet here now. I miss them and have to admit, I have not moved some of the things S left on my kitchen table for me to use in her absense as it reminds me that she will be back soon. But then again, I will also leave on Friday. I will spend 2 weeks in London and expect that all of my flights will leave without any hitches. (I could not let the lessons learned from T and S's experience go unacknowledged and have booked on Austrian Airlines instead). I anticipate my only problem will be dealing with Heathrow immigration when they see Iraq stamped all over the insides of my passport.... and dealing with angry emails from K in Frankfurt who was excited at the prospect of a visit when I was still planning to travel via Frankfurt with 'Inshallah'. Any guesses which airline now bears this moniker?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey M, well T and I ended up having several more problems on our way to London... excess baggage, flight booked in wrong name, missed flight in Sweden and so on. Eventually we arrived with T very unwell and both of us exhausted. My advice, fly another airline!!! Thanks for continuing the blog and I hope all is well over there! Love S