Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Swimming at the fake Sheraton


WARNING: Pool is much smaller than it appears in the photo!

So after my Thursday of "walking" at the Chaldean Social Youth Club, I finally decided I was so desperate for a little real exercise that I would pay the price ($20 US) to use the facilities at the "Sheraton" (officially the Erbil International Hotel). In any other circumstances it would so NOT be worth that much (Shanghai's Jin Jiang Hotel's BIG pool costs$15 US - a fee which I would be unwilling to pay in that city), but after such a long time of inactivity in Hawler, I savored all 4 kilometers run on the treadmill and every mini-lap of the TEENY TINY pool. I then relaxed for a little in the sauna and ust considered it just a really cheap spa vacation instead of a trip to the gym. I don't think I will do this again anytime soon, however. At least now I know for certain that this option is a possibility without being a hotel guest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No trouble using the pool as a woman then? Thought that was still a bit hard to do in Islamic countries. Put an update on your blog so we know you are well yes?
xtina