Monday, April 20, 2009

Pregnant in Erbil

No, not me! I can't imagine being pregnant here. I know you've all gotten tired of my winging about health care, so instead let me just say that I really admire the two brave ladies above for even being willing to be pregnant here.

The lady in black is leaving to have her baby boy back home in Norway in about a week... and as for the lady on the right, baby shower at my house this Friday! Today I tried to arrange food for the party and the the restauranteur asked me why I didn't just have the party at his restaurant. When I tried to explain what a "baby shower" is, he just raised his eyebrows and stopped trying to persuade me that I also needed a couple of orders of his spicy potatoes. Except for me and the mom-to-be, only 2 of the guests are from North America, so it should be a new and interesting experience for others...

No comments: