Thursday, July 12, 2007

40 Degrees Celcius

It is now 6:20 pm and the temperature has cooled down to 40 degrees. From my 4th floor balcony, I can see the pool shimmering and sparkling seductively at me; but the splashing and shreiking of children cannonballing in from the sides of the pool dull my enthusiasm a little however... This evening at midnight will be time enough - that has been the usual timing of any evening swims. It is hot enough now that the water is still warmish even at midnight.

I have been in the pool a little more often recently. There have even had a couple of late night "pool parties"! The last one was too long ago - Vin actually braved a sexy black bikini, Tf demonstrated his amazing ability to swim half the length of the Olympic length pool underwater (I can't swim more than 10 feet without coming up for air) and Mu's Nokia mobile went diving. Vin noticed something blinking at her at the bottom of the pool. Tf dived down to investigate and surfaced with the latest Nokia mobile... I didn't know they could function underwater! Actually, it suffered from a cold that night, but after a little warming up from my hair dryer...

Anyway, I think it likely that I will enjoy my midnight swims as much as possible for the next little while as it would appear that they are putting up a wall around the pool. I wonder how that will change life. It will probably mean that there will be fewer hours in which women can swim... and the staff will finally be able to enforce the admission fee. But it may also mean that women can swim free from oogling. I guess I will have to wait and see.

No comments: