Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thursdays in Hawler

Yes, I am aware that it is in fact Sunday, but as I didn't post over the weekend, I am catching up. Thursdays are the first day of the weekend for most people in the Middle East, but is the last day of the work week for us at the Uni. Every Thursdays at about 6:30 or 7:00pm, there is a shuttle from our accomodations to a supermarket chosen by popular consensus. I usually don't go, but this week, I decided that maybe it would be more convenient to cart the groceries with a more sympathetic driver than a taxi hailed from the side of the road. And mabe I would join Tf and Vi in the now routine Thursday night trips to the Edge. But as is also usual for a Thursday, I arrived home completely exhausted, and unfortunately fell asleep and missed both weekly events.

No comments: