Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tf cheers Iraq on to victory in his green jersey

Since I am not really a fan of football (soccer) - or for that matter any form of spectator sport, I can't tell you who the player holding up the football jersey is. However, I can tell you today is a big day for Iraqi sport. Iraq beat Korea 4:3 today to take their place in the Asian Cup finals for the first time EVER!

And today was my first time ever to Hawler's sports market. It is near the main market pretty much under ???? hotel. It was filled with football jerseys, balls, a few iffy-looking treadmills with those bands for jiggling off tummy fat attached, and lots of sport shoes, both real and fake (You save a lot of money by forgoing the final "l" and buying Diese footwear). I bought a set of 3kg hand weights and Tf picked up his green Iraq jersey complete with his name and favorite number 7 ironed onto the back. I presume he was wearing it when Iraq scored that fourth goal.

No comments: