Thursday, July 26, 2007

Staying Cool

This morning I got up to honor a 9:00am appointment with a student. At the time I was supposed to leave, I could not find my keys anywhere... I spend about 5 minutes that felt like an eternity looking for them (as you know, I don't have the option of leaving the door unlocked). Anyway, finally, I opened the door only to realize I had left them in the door all night. Anyway, along with the keys was a little note from TF saying that... Yes, I left my keys in the door all night... and goodbye until September.

W in Tokyo asked about summer holidays here... What can I say? CW has gone back to Canada, Tf and Paddy left yesterday; one for Turkey and the other for somewhere in the UK. K is off to the US via Jordan and B and I will share a cab into Turkey before she goes on her way. I on the other, need to be back in a week or so. Anyway, in answer to her question as to what people do over the holidays here, the answer would be that they try to stay cool... literally. They go to the mountains, they try to find a reasonably clean swimming pool, or they stay home and sleep.

No comments: