Saturday, May 03, 2008

For Eszter

This is in lieu of an email reply to the comment you left on my post electricity. First of all, let me thank you for your comments on Lalish. It was hard to write about the significance of some of the things I saw there as our group didn't know very much about the Yezidis before going. It took me a long time to try to sift through lots of conflicting information (even information from my local friends was conflicting) and decide what to post. Any photos or additional information you would like to send would be much appreciated (meezane@gmail.com).

Glad you liked my photos of Turkey. I hope to go back again soon, but maybe Urfa, Harran and Gaziantep next time. And of course there is the whole west coast still to be discovered. I find Turkey to be stunning, be it the cityscape of Istanbul, the fairy chimneys of Capadoccia, or the villages, the volcanic rock fields and ruins in East Anatolia. of course there are wonderful places here too... but too many of them are not safe to visit or I simply haven't made it there yet as travel is not as convenient as in Turkey. I am sure you know better than me. I hope to travel to Dohuk, Amedi and Halamata Cave next weekend. Perhaps you have advice?

Anyway, I will try to post more about university life here in Kurdistan. As you mention, the difficulty is the need to be careful. Perhaps after I leave?

Best, Zanmei

No comments: