Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Batman's Tiled Houses

Before leaving for Turkey, I had the rare opportunity of chatting with A in California. She wanted to find the city that I asked her to send my care package to on a map of Turkey; after a moment of searching, she started giggling as it seems she had encountered a place on the map called "Batman"! In fact I have been to Batman (on my first trip to Diyarbakier during Ramadan last year). She asked what was special about this place, but to be truthful the only thing of distinction I can remember is the mosiac work on some of the apartment buildings. Although this building is one found in Dogubayazit, the mosiac is like that found in Batman (although slightly less impressive).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon! Sorry that I didn't meet you in Turkey...Y's Dad died and as usual I am out of money and didn't get a chance to let you know...no vacation for me until Dec in TO. Miss you and love you lots, S in the UK

Anonymous said...

Is there a place called Robin with lesser nice tiles - or maybe just nice brickwork ;)

Best, C in UK :)