Saturday, August 25, 2007

View from my new hotel

Although I liked my first hotel, I though it wise to move to a little cheaper one as it seems I will be here for a while... good thing too as I have been here almost a week and still haven't seen ANY of the sights! Far in Vancouver would be ashamed as she was in Istanbul fewer days and took no time to get out and explore the city's sights. I planned to see Topkapi Palace today and go to a hamam tomorrow, but seems that neither plan will come to fruition as I got sidetracked by Nike, Mac and Toni & Guy's today and tomorrow Pepe (fake name) had to call off our hamam and beer plans due to unexpectedly getting free VIP tickets to Formula 1 on account of the fact that he speaks Polish!

Anyway, this is Istanbul sight I have seen - the Bosphorus (Bog'az)- from the fire escape of my new hotel. (This is the best part of the new hotel... I gave up clean carpet-free floors and free wireless for a view of the Bosphorus, a mini-fridge in my room and $20 US savings per night.

No comments: