Sunday, October 05, 2008

In my suitcase

(Photo from this website)
After the summer vacation, it is always interesting to visit everyone to find out what they used the precious space in their suitcases to bring back. In my case, it was coffee, habaneros (brought illegally through the US to Iraq where my friends thought they were GREAT gifts) and best of all, Sriracha Sauce, one of the hottest (literally and figuratively) things on the table in Chicago's restaurants. In my fridge is nothing but condiments, but if there aren't at least 5 kinds of hot sauce, I feel that food is almost not worth eating. The Sriracha sauce in the middle is the one I have and is made, surprise surprise, from California, but tastes almost like the real thing in Vietnamese restaurants (but less fishy). It's a real luxury to have these things in the middle of Kurdistan! (Thai hot sauce made popular by a Vietnamese immigrant to the US who named his company "Huy Fong" after the ship he left Vietnam in)... Now you know whjat to bring me if you come for a visit... coffee (the real thing only) or hot sauce.

No comments: