Sunday, October 19, 2008

Security Tagging

Being as I live in "Iraq" people always think that the situation is much like what they see of Baghdad on CNN... and perhaps think that this post is about the security situation in my city. They'd be wrong. It is about a much more serious problem.... for me in my safe little self-centered world revolving around home and work and the problem of not having anything appropriate to wear outside my home ("at work" in other words).

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I decided that it was starting to feel cool enough to wear the fall clothing I had bought in the US. I decided on a summer weight top layered with a thin, but Kurdistan-appropriately long cardigan. Then, as I smoothed out the wrinkles (from just shoving my new sweater onto a shelf without folding it) I felt something hard on one side.... a white security tag that the store failed to remove. Damn you Banana Republic! Seeing as there are no stores using this kind of equipment anywhere inside the borders of Iraqi Kurdistan, I was starting to consider suing BR for negligence. Fortunately for me, a friend managed to remove the tag with a pocket knife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope everything is ok with you and you could start writing again, i enjoy reading your posts a lot.