Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thursday Nights @ the Balcony, Post 1


Somehow I managed to let 2 months go by without posting anything, let alone this picture which I stole from the internet and saved in blogger as a draft post at least 40+ days ago. The photo above is stolen from the Internet. It is of Blind Ibrahim, the star of one of the first 3 three Kurdish albums I ever bought (the other two being Aynur and Agira Jiyan). I post a stolen picture as Blind Ibrahim's surly manager looked too scary to ask if I might take a real life photo of the party assembled on my balcony.

One night in October, I was resting at home when a friend, not knowing that I would come down sick that day, decided to drop by with 2 other friends, 2 singers (Blind Ibrahim and a Kurdish singer from Syria named Xero [spelling?]) and manager. They sat on the balcony, ate and a live concert commenced. Unfortunately, being under the weather, I had to miss most of the live concert, go to bed and leave friends and guests to their own devices.... merely listening to the music from the lousy vantage point of my bed located all the way down the hall through the door at the end. I most decidedly am not from this region or I could never have behaved in such an ungracious way! Not a good hostess.

No comments: