Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Atrosh Air... Atrocious?


As anyone who has ever tryid to find cheap ways in and out of Kurdistan knows, there are no cheap routes... except possibly overland! What's worse, is that with the exception of Austrian Airlines - which will cost you a wallet whalloping $1,700 just to London, the reputations of the airlines offering flights out seem to be sketchy: Atrosh to Sweden, Kurdistan Airlines or Zozik to Germany, Zagros or Kurdistan to Dubai, Flying Carpet to Beirut. This summer, I am considering a new route... Rather than take Atlas Jet through Istanbul and deal with less than exemplary treatment by the staff of Atlas Jet in the air and the Istanbul Airport, I am thinking of flying through Stockholm on Atrosh. The thing that worries me is the possibility of the airline cancelling my flight, which is a charter, which would mean that I would forfeit my SAS flight to London (which I intend to schedule for 4 days later as I already know that delays of hours and/or days is possible), or be stuck in Sweden on the way back with no way of getting to Erbil.

If any reader has flown Atrosh Air, please share your experiences as the more I read about Stockholm, the more I think it is a great place for a few days stopover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM AN IRAQI TRAVEL AGENT IN MICHIGAN, THE MORE CALLS I GET FOR ERBIL AND SULAYMANIAH , THE MORE I LEARN, YOU SEEM TO KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND CK OUT THIS PAGE W/ CONTACTS IT MIGHT HELP. flights to kurdstan.htm