Saturday, May 30, 2009

Öz-Has

As I often post photos of my plant babies, I thought that I should also post a photo of the nursery where they came from. While not the cheapest nursery in Hawler, Has is my favorite as the plants are healthy and beautiful.... and there is a goodly selection of plants that might be considered exotic: bird of paradise plants, bottle brush trees, a variety of palms for both inside and out (by the way, I do realize that "exotic" is relative to where you are from).

The picture below is what you will see from the road after you pass Rizgari Hospital and are on the way towards Modern City.
Below is something fragrant and beautiful which I have as yet NOT purchased for my balcony...

When I arrive (if on my own), the greenhouse full of house plants is the first place I head for...

My last visit was with Lesley, who lent me her camera to take these photos. She wanted to browse and possibly buy another houseplant for her thriving collection. She also bought me a little gift - an orange gerbera! (Thank you Lesley, I haven't killed it... yet.)

And below is Ali, who always makes us sit for a cup of Turkish coffee before we pay for our finds and head home.

1 comment:

Gretta said...

Hooray for Turkish coffee!!!