Friday, May 29, 2009

Smell of Petrol

For just about two years, most of us Naz CIty residents have been wondering why it is that upon our return home each day that we are greeted with such an overwhelmingly strong smell of petrol it is like a sharp stinging slap in the face. Many of us have been worried that it was due to some kind of gas or petrol leak that could end in something dire.

Mystery Solved?
I have recently been informed that it is not in fact petrol, but kerosene. Could it really be true that the cleaners clean the stone floor in the hallways and stairs with kerosene? If so, I hope that none of my smoker neighbors (or guests) light up on their way in or out.

PS. Is it normal to clean anything but engines with kerosene?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Hello,
I work for War News Radio, an American student-run radio show about Iraq and Afghanistan. I am currently working on a story about new housing developments in Kurdistan (such as Naz City). Would you be willing to tell us about your life in Naz City through a telephone interview? My email is kagoeckner@warnewsradio.org. Thanks so much.