Thursday, June 05, 2008

Aras Cargo

My final (?) day in Istanbul this time around has turned out to be rather a let down so far. A package which I was waiting to have sent from Izmir didn't arrive yesterday and so I spend today calling, calling, calling... But no matter how many times and how many people I called, I couldn't locate the package. The man who supposedly sent the package could not locate the tracking number. The man who works for Aras Cargo could not find the name of the man who supposedly sent the package in his records of packages sent from Izmir. The man who asked for the package to be sent could not get through to the man who supposedly sent it. And all of this is apparently normal here?

And now, on top of all this, my flight -a charter- has been pushed back from 6:45pm to 11:00pm. And they won't make a booking for me, but ask me just to be at the airport 3 hours before to purchase my ticket. Remember, nothing is guaranteed.

No comments: