Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate...

I hope all my colleagues who went home over the winter break are enjoying Christmas with their families... and for all of those who didn't, I hope you are relaxing and having a well deserved break (except for my students who I hope are not relaxing too hard... but learning the joys of reading).

Some pictures from the Christmas markets in Germany. Mom's first impression of Germany was evening in the Christmas market in Nuremberg - the largest and maybe most impressive market... The pictures I took; however, were not so impressive as the weather was a bit dull. Below is Nuremberg's market.

We spent the 22rd in Rothenberg o.b.T. The pictures below is from their market:

And although the Käthe Wolfhart Chistmas shop has branches everywhere in Germany, the biggest one is in Rothenberg:

On the evening of the 23rd, I actually bought a few things at the Christmas market in Munich (soap and paper star lanterns):

No comments: