Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fewer Degrees of Separation... even in Hawler!

It really is amazing how once you start to travel and live abroad, you realize how all the paths of the people you meet cross, have crossed, will cross again. Maybe there are less than 6 degrees of separation these days? In London, I made a quick trip to Reading (a town between London and Oxford) to pick up a few books from a guy working at a small independent publishing company there. He piled me up with a load of books and then asked me if I wouldn't prefer him to take some of them with him at the end of January. WOW! I finally met someone who has plans to go to Hawler! I asked him what he was going to do there and when he told me who he was going to meet, I was able to find her business card in my bag!

No comments: