Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I (insert heart here) NY!

For all you regular readers, I want to say that I have withdrawn the last post about New York attitude in Hawler as my lame attempt at humour went terribly wrong... some readers may not have known how I REALLY feel about New York and my NY colleagues who are always welcome at my place (although I am sure D - who was one of those mentioned... and who occasionally reads but NEVER posts - does): the noise, the activity (not to mention the salsa scene, galleries and shopping), the attitude and the manner of communication (which I bring up because of my possible bitterness at not being able to get mistaken for a New Yorker). The truth is I do love it... and my only regret is not going to experience life there pre-George Bush.

Unfortunately, at the moment, NY seems a million miles from Hawler (involving at least two stop-overs and a potentially unpleasant customs experience on arrival with Iraqi stamps in my passport dated before my UK student visa expires). So I wasn't able to meet my friends there this holiday (A in California and F in Vancouver, thanks for spending the last days of 2004 there... and PLEASE post... Doesn't matter that you haven't met anyone here yet... Start planning your holiday to Kurdistan!)

1 comment:

Zanmei said...

Yes... I suppose that is true. Even though Canadian passports expire quickly and I will have a clean one in a mere 4 years, they will still have tons of info on record... won't they?