Sunday, January 14, 2007

What's do YOU use your mobile phone for?

(Unrotated photo taken by mobile phone of local mobile phone salesman)

I haven't been without a cell phone since Korea (1996), and so now have one with tons of functions I almost never use: walkman/radio, address book and day planner, world clocks and alarms, camera, email and chat functions, etc... (although when in London, I did occasionally check my email). Anyway, you all know what two very (can't think of appropriate adjective) high-ranking officials in Iraq used their mobiles for! And shock of shocks, one of our lovely local staff used his to receive and playback this scandous video footage for us. I couldn't watch once I figured out what we were about to view (and not only because the angles shifted so much as to make the most balanced person dizzy) ... but our friend said that just having this proof made him feel 'comfortable'. B recently bought a mobile phone and I noticed she had left the bluetooth option on. I hope our naughty local friend doesn't notice this and send her his video clip.

Dr. Z (King of the World... Are you still going by this?), where can I read what you have written about the big event itself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M, sorry I have been so out of touch. At my leaving do, trustee MG arrived to say that he hopes to see you in Erbil this week! So he might phone or email you. I hope you can meet up, as he knows about a new venture in Suli.

Miss you madly. No other news. love, S in the UK