Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

New Year was much of a muchness with other parties hosted by my delightful Paris friends... people started to trickle in and were forced to talk to everyone they didn't know as a result of strange games conceived of my Fo and Ka (SA'a sister and partner) which are in keeping with the theme of party- this year was Addam's family New Year. This top picture shows Fo as Wednesday (too bad you can't see her stripey socks), Ka (note his horns) and Ta in the foreground.

This year, however, Fo and Ka were not the hosts, SA and Im were. Im catered the evening with wonderful spicy Dhaka-meets-Paris style appetisers. He has pointed me in the right direction to buy essential groceries to take back to Kurdistan; fenugrteek, tamarind, popadoms, etc. He won't come and visit me in Hawler, but he and SA might be willing to host me in Dubai as well as Paris if I get a long weekend off. This bottom photo is of my lovely host SA.

No comments: