Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Foggy London Landing

So clearly, I am no longer in Kurdistan... and it is more than a little surreal. I have been experiencing sensory overload since tranferring in Vienna. Yes, after the saga of T and S, I decided to fly Austrian Air to London via Austria on its' second ever Friday flight. G was on the premier flight a week prior and sat on the Erbil runway for a whole hour... causing him to miss his ongoing flight in Vienna and creating the necessity for AA to put him up in a Viennese hotel! I had my fingers crossed, but had no such luck myself. I made my flight and everything worked like a recently cleaned luxury-brand Swiss watch's insides.... until I reached London. Due to heavy fog and bad management, I sat on the runway there for an hour waiting for a 'docking station' (again, can't remember the right word). Why oh why couldn't I have had that free day's vacation in Vienna?

No comments: