Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dancing at Ağva

The place we stayed in Ağva was diferent; although perhaps not what I have conceived for a hotel complex on the Black Sea, the whole place was set up like some kind of cowboy town complete with covered wagons and wild west signposts. We stayed in little log cabins - two to a hut. Although we only stayed one night, I had two different roomates. After my roommate went to sleep, I was asked to change rooms and stay with Shepnam who was the only one without a roommate and was edgy about staying on her own. The photo below is Shepnam. Anyway, before sleeping, the two of us joined a group which stumbled down the path in the dark to the beach (where our roomkey got lost). Unfortunately, the hotel manager couldn't find a spare key, so we had to go to another cabin (on stilts) to sleep (like the ones below). This was terrible because we didn't have our pajamas and the temperature droppped so much that we had to sleep in our jeans huddled together under one insufficient bblanket. At about 3:00am, the wind started to howl and our house started swaying on its stilts. But we still managed to get up for breakfast, after which Shepnam returned to the beach, found the key and we were able to retrieve our swimsuits. It would have been terrible to also swim in our jeans!
After swimming and lunch, it was time for dancing. I am not sure, but I think the photo below was of a bachata lesson.
And finally we took a few group pictures before packing it in and heading back to Istanbul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marianne!!!!

I can' believe I'm almost back in touch with you! Please email me at beifuss@rocketmail.com

This is Stephen from Ottawa.. it has been a very long time indeed :)

stephxxooxx