Monday, September 17, 2007

Turkish School No. 2

So there are some problems with switching schools... for example, paying to learn the same thing twice as there is bound to be some overlap. In this case, perhaps the repetition is exactly what was needed. My first program was only 2 weeks long and then (as mentioned) many of my classmates had to leave. In truth, although introduced to lots of patterns, I think I could only grasp the concepts, but not apply them at all. So repeating was NOT a problem. As an added bonus, the new school is less than a 10 minute walk from my hotel. Anyway, although I still don't know most of my classmates (I went from a class size of 5 to one of about 15), I have made some friends here too. Yesterday a few of us met up twice at the same restaurant to chat. Tiziana (I figure it is OK to use her real name since she is a public figure on Sky TV Italia anyway) has requested thatI stay longer. I wish I could.

No comments: