Friday, September 14, 2007

Intermission

Yesterday, still feeling under the weather, I decided NOT to go sightseeing, NOT to go shopping or to the gym ( I would be required to travel). As I seem to have lost my voice, I also didn't want to meet anyone for dinner. Instead I opted to buy some cough candies and go to the movies. (I didn't want to spend another day just staying at home. Plus I had discovered that movies - unlike TV programs- are not dubbed, but subtitled). One hour into the 90 minute Holleywood flick the lights came on and the curtain went down. For a minute I was confused... perhaps the reel had broken? But then everyone else looked as those this was natural and were filing out of the room. Could it possibly be that in Turkey, there are those that can't make it for over and hour without a cigarette? Or is it in order to give the snack bar an extra chance to sell popcorn and soda or even the extra opportunity to show a few more commercials at the start of the second part of the movie?

No comments: