Monday, September 17, 2007

Outlet Shopping


On Staurday (after Dolmabahçe Palace), I took a ferry to Kadeköy to scope out the outlet shopping there. Tf went there and apparently his gf went crazy at the Mango Outlet. He advised me to get there before the sales were over, but as I needed fall clothes more than summer ones, I waited. He was likely right. I bought only 1 small item on sale in the outlet and 3 items downstairs in the regular shop. Sigh. Why is this always the story? Anyway, in general, things are cheaper on this side of the Bosphorous. I saw a hair salon advertising manicures for 6 YTL and pedicures for 8! WOW! I guess I would have to live on the Asian side on the small salary one could earn as an English instructor.

PS. The picture is irrelevent. It was just a strange brick something-or-other that decorated the street in front of the Mango Outlet. I liked the juxtaposition of crumbly brick and glass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or then again, maybe not.

I made zero purchases at the height of the summer sale in the very same Kadikoy shop as the one in your photo.

Mango seemed a bit pricey after Uniqlo, but then I live in Japan and not in Iraq... (g)

W in Tokyo @ wishing I'd visited all these places too