Thursday, September 20, 2007

Last Minute thoughts

So I am sitting in the Apple shop in Şişli waiting to pay for my laptop's HD upgrade. My measly 60GB of hardrive was completely full. Anyway, I feel all the regular things on the end of vacation. I am completely anxious about going back to work and haven't slept in 3 days. I am already missing my new friends from İstanbul (Seda and all of you from Salsa, Elena, Tiziana and all of you from both TÖMER and EF, that means you). I also regret that I didn't leave nearly enough time for the Grand Bazaar. I didn't make it to the Egyptian spice bazaar. I didn't do half of the things I was supposed to do yesterday and I need to stop writing and get myself to the airport bus stop. I regret I couldn't post for you pictures of the ice cream sellers flinging their wares around on sticks to attract customers. But I suppose on the more positive side, I will be happy to sleep in my own bed on the new fitted (yes, I found fitted sheets in Turkey!) sheet and prepare my own food in my own kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend, this is the first message I have ever left on a weblog: I'm not even sure u are gonna see it!!! Anyway: I just wanna tell you I feel lucky I met you. U are one of the most sweetest and caring person I have ever met. Take care of yourself in Iraq and, as I have already told you, benim evim, senin evin. Tamam mi? Tiziana Prezzo