Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Sunday morning spent waiting for technicians...

It is Sunday morning and I have now recovered from my trip to Dohuk. Yesterday morning was pretty low key... woke up late, broke in the spin bike, made coffee, threw some frozen Turkish cheese pastries in the oven (which now taste pretty awful after discovering real thing here in Erbil).... and then spend a few hours vigorously doing NOTHING. In the late afternoon, it was time to go for coffee and then come home to do nothing for a few more hours.

This morning, I am up earlier, but am doing only slightly more than nothing- I am trawling the Internet for... nothing in particular. This is a good pastime for this morning because I am waiting for technician (one to fix some brackets on electrical wires and one to patch a damaged wall)... and because the Internet is actually working today! I still can't decide what to have for breakfast... maybe some of the yogurt soup my friend made yesterday? But I am dreaming of the day that we can get Bakery & More to open for breakfast and offer dollar pancakes with fruit compote or maple syrup, eggs benedict with or without smoked salmon... or even an 'American breakfast' of eggs, bacon or sausage, toast and and hash browns.

Time to go warm up the soup and call the technician (electrical) who is now late... The wall patcher has arrived!

No comments: