Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Actually missing Canada!

This summer, I had things to do back in Canada; things like renewing driver's licenses, unfreezing bank accounts and credit cards that have been inactive for long periods of time, and of course, visiting friends and family. Although I was happy to have the chance to see many friends back home, I was a little apprehensive about all the chores and great amount of travelling I would have to do (Canada is huge and I visited both coasts and the center this summer). Anyway, as many of my students have been asking how my summer went, I decided to post a little here:

Vancouver:
I went to university here, hence have more friends than family. Funnily enough, they are friends who lived here when I was in university, but that I became friends with in Asia.
Above is friend who was in Japan when I was in Korea... and below friend was my former manager when I was in Taiwan. Below friend helped me renew my driver's license. She is staging a scene from children's program "Fraggle Rock" in the Lynn Valley park.
Toronto:
From Vancouver, I flew to Toronto where I stayed with another friend "V" who I met in Tawian (see below left).
V helped me to get around the city... and all the way to Thornhill to visit my uncle (below) who helped me to figure out banking and settle matters left undone...
Saint John:
Then I was off for the east coast. My 9-year-old nephew from Barbados (below) was staying with my mom, so we had a chance to visit. He is not really as fat as pictured below. He is wearing sumo costume and is about to be beat up by a 10-year-old girl.
Prince Edward Island:
And my last task in Canada was to help my mother get over her phobia of driving in places she doesn't know. We plugged in the GPS and headed to the red shores of PEI over the 13 mile bridge.
I am thinking that all in all, Canada isn't such a bad place. I should consider doing a brief stint as resident in the country I am a citizen of.

No comments: