Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sticky situation

Last night in a moment of idleness, I did something completely stupid. I ended up picking off another number key off my already worse-for-wear Sony Ericsson mobile phone. It looked like a child with two front teeth missing. Not to worry however, Mr. Fix it (another English teacher living only one floor down from me) always has the supplies necessary to repair anything. I borrowed a brand new tube of Super Glue and in puncturing the silver bit covering the tube to open it, ended up with it all over my fingers. A moment of panic! I then made sure that none of my fingers were touching each other or anything else as I ran towards the bathroom. What takes off Super Glue? Warm soapy water? To no avail. The packaging always claims that acetone takes it off... I use the whole bottle of nail polish remover... not even close to removing any of it. Sigh.

It is now the morning after and my fingers (with the exception of the ring finger nail on my right hand) are Super Glue free. How did I do it? (I would remember this if you are anywhere near as clumsy as I seem to be). A nail file... both sides!

PS. In case you are wondering about my phone, the number 7 key is glued back on. It is now sticks a little (not in the glue sticky way) and I have to press harder to text the letters P, Q, R, and S... but it looks better than before (the other missing key which is now lost is the * key).

No comments: