Saturday, September 19, 2009

RAIN!!!

In Hawler, a rainy day definately warrants a post! I woke up this morning to my 7:00 am alarm surprised to find the flat still dark despite the fact that the sun rises on my side of the building.

I started my morning by watering the plants on the balcony garden. I was shocked to find that the ones at the edge of the balcony were already damp... and in fact, a few droplets of rain were still falling. Although I left Vancouver because I couldn't endure 9 months of rain, it is absolutely fabulous when it rains here (of course excluding when it rains during a dust storm - imagine big droplets of mud splattering on your windshield... and everywhere else).

Anyway, I went out a bit early to meet my fellow cab-sharers (we took a taxi to work as it is a weekend, but the last day the office will be open until after Eid) to enjoy a bit of fresh air....
and to smell the rare scent of greenery mingled with the smell of wet dust;
to splash around in puddles...
and enjoy a blue sky without the feeling of the sun beating you down into the dust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO much enjoying your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted on the happenings surrounding Erbil. Keep up the great work! D. Former colleague.