Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Following Daily Hawler - Pelotas & Barueri

Today I visited Google Analytics to find out if anyone has been reading my blog recently (of course I can't see who is reading, but it is always interesting to see how many people and in which countries are reading about my life in Hawler). I was dismayed to find that since May, almost NOBODY has been reading it! And that in those few days when visits were reported, ALL of the 20 visitors were from cities Pelotas and Barueri, BRAZIL!!!

This seems illogical and unlikely, don't you think? So I checked the HTML on my formatting page to find that the tracking code for Google Analytics has somehow mysteriously disappeared! Anyway, it is back... and I have added a little gadget in the right hand column asking you regular readers to sign up & follow my page. If you do this, I believe that my updates will appear on your Google home page. Plus it is interesting for me to visit your blogs if you have one!

Many Thanks, Zanmei

8 comments:

Saffron said...

Yes, very strange indeed! (Unless your Mum and all your friends been on a secret trip together??)

I have a look to see what you've been up to most weekdays from my desk here in Tokyo...

Aram said...

I always check your blog form here in the UK almost every week! Google lies :P

Zanmei said...

Hi Aram. In actually fact, I have Analytics working again.... It seems in the UK, my most faithful readers are in London, Manchester and Middlesbrough. Are you in one of these cities?

Aram said...

Nah, i live in Liverpool...

Ted said...

I have two sites I monitor that launched recently and haven't built much/any traffic EXCEPT I'm getting lots of hits form Barueri in Brazil too. In fact I found this site through a search of "Barueri Google Analytics".

Strange, I'll check my settings too.

Anonymous said...

Yours in the only blog that I read on a consistent basis and I am not in Brazil!

Matt
Kansas City USA

Zanmei said...

Welcome Matt,
I appreciate your readership... especially since I always assume the only people reading my blog are my family and friends!

Anonymous said...

I am not so skilled to be enterprising to create first-rate stuff like you do but I am trying to pay it back so hoepfully this will occasion you a idiotic grin or make you burst out laughing or at the very least give you a thought for the day? :

If beef comes from a cow and ham from a pig, why do they put beef in hamburgers?



Source: [url=http://quantronmedicine.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2782;sa=summary]article post[/url]