Sunday, November 12, 2006

Connected

OK, so the truth is, it isn't so easy to find English newspapers... neither is it easy to keep connected (via wireless) long enough to chat via skype or even send an email... I really work hard to keep uploading photos to this site since I have to wait for opportune moments when the connection is obliging. However, one thing I never lack for is TV news coverage. The photos below are all taken from the Citadel. In these photos, it should become clear that no matter what the living condition, there is always one ubiqitous item to be seen - a satellite dish. I don't believe that I have EVER had access to so many TV channels in my life before. BBC World, American talk shows, Turkish sitcoms... Too bad that in relation to the news concerning this part of the world, I have no way of understanding the news on those channels from Jordan, UAE, Turkey, Lebanon, etc. And I wonder what picture of life overseas is being constructed here from the broadcasting of "Friends" reruns. Hmmmm... Living here in in this complex, I think that "Lost" would be a better choice since I sometimes wonder if I am living some sort of psychological experiment.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore your photos. They (obviously) show real life and are at the same time very dramatic. xo S in the UK