Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dear T in Canada,

I have heard that you are not satisfied with the contents of Daily Hawler due to there not being enough material directly concerning T in Hawler. My reply to you is that that your criticism has been duly noted... and is henceforth disregarded for three important reasons:

  1. To be honest, as far as people go, I believe that T's is actually already the most prominently featured face!
  2. T works in a different department than me... and I am not her keeper; therefore, if she decides to take a little break from me every now and then (although it is hard since we live opposite each other), then I can't help the fact that I have no new information to post regarding her comings and goings.
  3. THIS IS MY BLOG! Now if I were to adjust that and focus only on T, S's friends and family might be disappointed on the lack of S's feature time on the blog. As it is, my friends actually ask me, "Are you sure this is your blog?" Although I hate photos of me, I actually had to post one a few days back to confirm that this is really my blog.
Well, I hope my answers have satisfied you. I can however, try to assist you in your quest for more info about T by pressuring her to start her own blog. In the meantime, since I am the only New City blogger, I think it would be great if you (and friends of other Hawler inhabitants/regular readers) would kindly post comments on the blog. If you ask direct questions, I will try to answer in following posts.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you who DO post comments and make me feel like I am not alone here in the midst of all the nothingness that is happening in Hawler (S & C in London, W in Yokohama, Z a few houses down... ).

Best Regards,
M (writer, editor and producer of Daily Hawler)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes..I can see why you would disregard my criticism. I'm sure passing the message on was only T.'s cheap ploy to become the heroine of your blog so that she needn't start her own ;-) I'd be happy to comment. I thought about doing so before but figured you'd have no clue who I was. Not quite sure why it never occurred to me to just introduce myself. *sigh* Thank you for singlehandly keeping us appraised of the antics of the Hawler cohorts. Thank you also for the Canadian flag...that was a nice touch, though it would have been better if T. was standing in front of it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Quite right, M. It's your blog and we want to hear your thoughts and goings-on.

You asked for comments, so I am making my blog commenting debut here, stepping up to the mike to say hi and introduce myself to your other friends.

M and I go way back to before my son was born (he's 12 at the end of the month!).

I had the trip of a lifetime earlier this year when I went to Iran, and no sooner returned, than was bettered by M and her fantastic journey to Iraqi Kurdistan.

If it doesn't reveal too much, I'd like to know what brought on the idea of working in Iraq in the first place??

Keep up the good work M.

W in Yokohama

Anonymous said...

Hello M, my name is P from Sydney. I avidly follow your blog,but I confess to ulterior motives. S is a friend of mine and, not being the best conveyer of "news", she suggested that her comings and goings were often posted on your blog. As they indeed are. Thank you!
Hawler certainly has a "defies description" feel about it as far as I can tell. Contradictions abound and yet you seem to have a heightened awareness for the special when it occurs. Maybe that's the advantage of living in a land of contrasts.
Antway, thanks for news of Hawler, thanks for news of S. Don't let her bankrupt herself on carpets and, just as an aside, T from canada is right....we should be seeing more of you! Cheers. P.